Kateri native ministry is looking for a program coordinator
Kateri Native Ministry of Ottawa
310-211 Bronson Ave
Ottawa, ON K1R 6H5
Job Description: Program Coordinator
Position Type: 4 Month Contract full time (August 20th – January 1st )
Application Deadline: August 10,2016
Years Experience: 2+ years
The Kateri Native Ministry of Ottawa is a Catholic Lay Ministry registered as a not for profit charitable organization committed to the healing and reconciliation of Aboriginal people under the guidance of the Archdiocese of Ottawa. The ministry provides the spiritual and corporal works of mercy through the blending of Christian spirituality and Aboriginal traditions and culture.
Kateri is currently seeking a self-motivated candidate to fill the position of Program Co-ordinator with solid knowledge of the Catholic faith, understanding the challenges in Aboriginal communities, and exceptional interpersonal skills. The incumbent will be accountable to the Executive Director.
• Support planning and coordination of current Kateri programs and services.
• Ensure implementation of policies and practices
• Maintain program budgets and tract expenditures
• Keep undated records and create reports or proposals
• Manage communications through social media
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with members of the Kateri team, Board of Directors, volunteers, consultants and other stake holders.
• Schedule and organize meetings and events and maintain agenda
• Assist with soliciting program funding as required.
• Proven experience as program coordinator or relevant position
• Knowledge of program management and development procedures
• Strong knowledge of the Catholic faith
• Knowledge of challenges faced by Aboriginal communities in Canada
• Advance written and verbal skills-French is an asset
• Above average interpersonal skills
• Ability to mult-task and meet tight dead lines
• Relevant education and experience web based social media
• Possess a keen interest and commitment to Aboriginal and Native traditions and teachings.
• Professionalism and discretion in all aspects of the programs and services of the Ministry.
• Strong organizational skills and planning skills
• Proposal writing skills would be an asset