Who we are:
The Kateri Native Ministry of Ottawa is a Christian Native Ministry with a Catholic Orientation, committed to the healing and reconciliation of aboriginal people and all peoples.
May 9, 1998: A group of Native and Non-Native people began gathering to discuss the Spiritual and Corporal needs of the Native Community. As a result of the meetings, services are now being provided under the name of Kateri Native Ministry of Ottawa. January 12th, 2001: Incorporated as a non profit charitable Aboriginal Organization.
The purpose of the Kateri Native Ministry of Ottawa is: To provide the Spiritual and Corporal works of mercy to aboriginal people through the blending of their Culture and Traditions with Christian Spirituality and Values. The central core of the Ministry is located in Ottawa where it serves the needs of aboriginals within the Ottawa Archdiocese. However, it’s operation extends throughout Canada and elsewhere.
- To provide paths of healing and reconciliation for Aboriginal People
- To empower and provide support to Christian Natives so that they may live in harmony with all people
- To provide Sacred Native Traditions within the Sacraments of the Catholic Church as well as other Christian Churches
- To participate in Native and Non-Native Christian ecumenical gatherings
- To promote and maintain ongoing communications and involvement between Native Christians and the hierarchy of the Church
- To promote deeper understanding between Natives and the church
- To provide a Native Healing and Training Center
- To share the story of St. Kateri Tekakwitha’s life, and to follow her examples of holiness
Kateri Native Ministry of Ottawa is a Native Organization funded by the Archdiocese of Ottawa, OMI Lacombe, The Grey Sisters of the Immaculate Conception, Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops, Basilian Fathers, The Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul, the Sisters of Charity, St. Basil’s Church Ottawa and other private donors.
Donations always welcome. Receipts for income tax purposes are available upon request.
Cheques are payable to Kateri Native Ministry of Ottawa and may be sent to the office.
Our charitable number is 8959 49915 RR0001.
211 Bronson Ave.,Suite 310,